A Day In The Life Of A Mover
Whether your family is growing, and you need a larger home, or a job is relocating you to another city, moving is very stressful. There are many things to think about and plan for, and the temptation to do things as inexpensively as possible is always there
While there are many parts of the moving process you can adequately handle yourself, moving your furniture and household items should be left to the professionals. Booking your local movers early will be one of the best decisions you will make. Here is what a typical day in the life of a mover looks like
A Closer Look At A Movers Day
Any mover will confirm that no two days are the same, just like no two clients are the same. Even though they do not work an average 9 am to 5 pm daily, they typically plan their day to
Arrive At Work On Time
Movers know they have a long day ahead, so starting on time is essential. After grabbing some coffee, the first hour of their day is dedicated to:
- Assembling the team that will be necessary for the required job. Some days may require large teams, while others may only require a few people.
- Confirming details of the client’s location and the final destination.
- Gathering essential supplies and tools. They have various tools and safety equipment at their disposal but may not need all the equipment daily.
- Ensuring the moving truck is in working order and has enough fuel.
Arrive At The Client At The Appointed Time
Once the mover arrives at the client, no time is wasted. They will walk through the area and confirm the items to be packed (if they are doing so) and the items to be moved. They will pay attention to:
- Delicate items.
- Heavy items
- Items of unusual shape or size.
Most of the day is spent carefully packing the items and loading the vehicle
Driving To The New Location
Once the vehicle is packed and all the items properly secured, the movers will start the journey to the new location. Experienced movers will make every effort to arrive at the destination at the appointed time, as they will have considered the following:
- Potential bad weather that makes driving conditions difficult.
- Heavy traffic due to roadworks/accidents.
- Regular pit stops on long drives to reduce driver fatigue.
Arrival At The New Destination
After ensuring where the furniture and boxes need to be placed (a floor plan is very helpful in this regard), the movers offload the items from the vehicle. Boxes and furniture will be placed in the correct rooms, and furniture will be reassembled if necessary. The day ends when the vehicle is empty, and a happy client waves them goodbye..
How To Minimize Moving Day Stress
Moving home or business premises is always stressful. A well-planned move can significantly minimize stress. Here’s what you can do to make the move easier:
- Book the movers early
- Arrange childminders and pet sitters.
- Collect sturdy boxes of various sizes
- Label boxes correctly and make concise lists
- Be present during packing and unpacking/offloading
- Prepare a floor plan for specific boxes and heavy items
- Ensure adequate parking for the removal van.
Book The Movers Early
Choosing a moving company is the first important decision you need to make. Once you have researched and chosen the company, you must secure the booking. During your first meeting with any moving company, you must:
- Establish lines of communication. Exchange phone numbers and email addresses and confirm which method you will be using. Communication is vital to a successful move.
- Outline your expectations and ensure that they can provide the service you need.
- Where possible, ensure all discussions are documented, and a contract is signed.
Arrange Childcare And Pet Sitters
Arrange childcare, and pet sitters for moving day. Everyone will be more relaxed without children and animals to worry about
Label Boxes Properly And Make Concise Lists
Whether you or the movers are packing the boxes, ensure they are labeled properly. Make a separate, concise list of individual items in each box
Be Present During Packing And Unpacking/Offloading
Ensure either you or a responsible person is present when your boxes and furniture are packed, loaded, and unloaded. There are always questions to be answered and scenarios to be addressed that only you or a responsible other can attend to
Prepare A Floor Plan For Heavy Items
You will save a lot of time and effort if you provide the moving company with a floor plan for heavy boxes/furniture items. That way, the items can be placed into the correct rooms first
Ensure Adequate Parking For The Removal Van
It is vital that the parking for the removal van is reserved. The parking needs to be:
- As close to the entrance as possible.
- Have sufficient space around it so that neighboring vehicles/your items are not damaged during the loading and unloading process.
Needing A Reliable Moving Company? Allegiance Van Lines LLC Are Just A Call Away
Whether moving to another city or a few streets away, Allegiance Van Lines LLC is your movers. Our reliable and experienced crew has served the residents of South Florida for over 10 years and is waiting for your call. Our mission is simple: to make every effort to provide high-quality services on time. For a free quote call us at (561)210-5120 today.